Just like people hire attorneys to help get their legal affairs in order or engage financial advisors to help get them where they want to be fiscally, families hire Care Right to help smooth out the bumpiness inherent in the aging process.
The goal at Care Right is to help families proactively plan in order to save them time, money & stress during the aging process. We employ a holistic approach, which we refer to as the “Care Right Way”, in order to create a customized Aging Plan for your loved one. This plan will guide their care going forward and put in place the appropriate infrastructure in case a medical crisis occurs.
step 1) 30 mINUTE pHONE CONSULTATION
Our process begins with a free, 30-minute phone consultation during which time we’ll get an overview of your family’s situation and outline how Care Right can assist.
BEGINS WITH A CALL
30-MINUTE PHONE CONSULTATION
DURING OUR CALL
- Learn an overview of your family situation including a general understanding of the goals, resources, and family relationships
- Determine how we can help
- Review Care Right service offerings and fee structure
- We will obtain your email and send you a Care Right Welcome Packet for your review
AT THE END OF THE CALL
Typical Questions Covered During The Consultation
- What is the aging plan?
- Where will your loved one live, who will provide care, and how will care be paid for?
- Are you calling about a crisis situation (recent fall, eminent hospital or rehab center discharge, unplanned death, new diagnosis etc.)?
- Is your loved one hoping to age in place at home or are they looking for that well-suited continuum of care community where they can remain long term?
- Is a family member going to be the primary caregiver or will outside services be needed?
- Is the current primary caregiver burned out or overwhelmed?
- Have the family relationships & dynamics suffered because of this?
- Are all appropriate financial and legal documents in place?
- How are your family relationships?
STEP 2) COMPREHENSIVE ASSESSMENT
Upon engagement of services, the next step in the Care Right Way is the Comprehensive Assessment. This step allows us to gain a thorough understanding of your situation and provides a baseline of your loved one’s current physical and cognitive condition. The assessment will consist of:
- Memory & depression screens
- Fall risk/history
- Review of activities of daily living
- Psycho-social well-being
- Review of financial resources & insurance coverages
- Caregiver burn-out assessment.
- In-depth discussion to learn what your loved one’s individual’s goal’s and desires for the remainder of the aging process and end of life are
Depending on your specific situation and the number of individuals assessed (single or couple), this phase can range from 2 – 4 hours in duration.
STEP 3) FAMILY MEETING
Families with an aging loved one don’t know what they don’t know, which is why education is a key component of the Care Right Way. As important as understanding the mental, physical and financial health of your aging loved one is, understanding the family dynamics and making sure all parties are on the same page is just as, if not more, vital.
We have found that sensitive topics such as caregiving, where to place Mom or Dad or end of life requests can cause emotions to run high. One would hope that the aging process would bring families closer together, but often it does not. Care Right, as a neutral third party, is adept at reducing tensions, improving communication and keeping all parties on track, which helps preserve family relationships.
WE GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE PROCESS
We’ll lead a discussion, or Family Meeting as we call it, during which time Care Right will guide participants through:
- The assessment results
- Your loved one’s desires & goals along with benefits and potential pitfalls of each
- Options available to reach those goals (taking into consideration budgetary constraints)
- Identifying gaps in planning & documents
- Recommending providers for any additional services needed
- Formulating short-term and long-term action plans
- Recommending the appropriate Care Package Service Level needed to implement the plan.
Again, depending on your specific situation (including the number of family members involved in the meeting) this phase can last for an additional 2-6 hours.
FINAL STEP: CARE PACKAGES
CALL: (800) 741-0302
Site Content Composed by Fidem Business Solutions.
I'm ready to seek help
Let us schedule a 30-minute consultation to help you with a care solution by offering ideas and support to further enhance the quality of life for your loved one.